live. laugh. love.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Creation for the Day!

Next weekend my mom and I are throwing my cousin a baby shower! It's going to be a lot of fun! This weekend I decided to make a diaper cake for her and I am very happy with how it turned out!! Thought I would share with y'all how I did it!

1) Gather supplies: You'll need at least 72 newborn diapers, 2 bottles, small clear hair rubber bands, large rubber bands, double stick tape, large ribbon, and flowers of your choice (not pictured). 

2) Individually roll each diaper and wrap with clear rubber bands.



3) Use the bottle to form the base of the cake around and start building the 1st tier, by making 3 circles of diapers.


4) Insert the second bottle and build the second tier around it, by forming 2 circles of diapers.


5) Build the 3rd tier with just one layer of rolled diapers.


6) Use large ribbon around each tier to cover the rubber bands and secure with double stick tape.


7) Make sure ribbon and all layers are even and then insert the flowers into the open top bottle. 

And here is the finished diaper cake!!


What do y'all think of it? Do you think it needs anything more? I have til Saturday to make it perfect...any suggestions are welcome!! 



XOXO,

3 comments:

erica said...

Oh my gosh that turned out so adorable! I love it!!! Baby showers, and baby gifts are my absolute favorite. I think if you added a couple blue flowers cascading down that would be really cute.


I don't really find neat products all the time. I actually found the squishy bowls in college and literally EVERYONE gets them for Christmas lol. I love them so much.

Unknown said...

That is such a fabulous gift.. you did a wonderful job! Great blog, new follower! xo

Christa said...

Thank you SO much for stopping by my blog and for the vacation tips! I LOVE Florida...we go to Destin every year. Love your blog...I'm going to add you to my blog roll! :) P.S. That Diaper Cake is too cute!