Next weekend my mom and I are throwing my cousin a baby shower! It's going to be a lot of fun! This weekend I decided to make a diaper cake for her and I am very happy with how it turned out!! Thought I would share with y'all how I did it!
1) Gather supplies: You'll need at least 72 newborn diapers, 2 bottles, small clear hair rubber bands, large rubber bands, double stick tape, large ribbon, and flowers of your choice (not pictured).
2) Individually roll each diaper and wrap with clear rubber bands.
3) Use the bottle to form the base of the cake around and start building the 1st tier, by making 3 circles of diapers.
4) Insert the second bottle and build the second tier around it, by forming 2 circles of diapers.
5) Build the 3rd tier with just one layer of rolled diapers.
6) Use large ribbon around each tier to cover the rubber bands and secure with double stick tape.
7) Make sure ribbon and all layers are even and then insert the flowers into the open top bottle.
And here is the finished diaper cake!!
What do y'all think of it? Do you think it needs anything more? I have til Saturday to make it perfect...any suggestions are welcome!!